We at Guns N Hoses hope that you are doing your best to stay safe and that you are able to maintain operations and activity as normally as possible during this very difficult time. The news and situation surrounding the COVID-19 virus is rapidly and relentlessly evolving, and we are all working our way through the challenges and decision-making processes associated with it. The health and safety of our team members, business partners, vendors and clients is of vital importance to us as we navigate our way through this pandemic.
We are very fortunate to say that our workforce has not been directly impacted by the COVID-19. For the most part, we work outdoors, and therefore, are considered a Low Exposure Risk. We do not frequent close contact with the general public. Workings in the Low Exposure Risk category have minimal occupational contact with the public and other coworkers. At this time, we have no known cases within our staff.
As it stands now, as recommended, we are still in the position to maintain operations and continue to provide high levels of service and responsiveness, while maintaining safe work environments for our customers and employees. We will not; however, put anyone at risk, and we will do our best as a company and as individuals to prevent the potential spread of this virus by practicing and exploring the following:
- We are encouraging work-from-home options – where and when feasible for our management staff.
- Estimators are remaining mobile and working from their vehicles – where and when possible. They are also accepting appointments via telephone and video conferencing.
- General meetings will be held only as absolutely necessary and with less than 10 people in attendance.
- Operational meetings will be handled remotely – where possible.
- Virtual meetings and teleconferencing are strongly encouraged in place of face-to-face events.
For our customers:
For the majority of our projects, the work is on the exterior of your home, therefore you will not have to come in contact with any of our workers. When our work requires access into your home, our team has been instructed to follow guidelines outlined by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), including practicing social distancing.
While much of our communication throughout the renovation project process can be done electronically via phone, e-mail, or video chat, we recognize that in-person meetings may still be required. Should we need to meet with you in person, we will respect your space and time, and take the proper safety precautions.
For our team members:
In addition to the above procedures, we are asking all Guns N Hoses workers to practice the following standard precautions to reduce the potential spread of the virus to our team members and minimize risk:
- If an team member is sick, we’re asking that you please stay home.
- Anyone displaying symptoms while at work or on a job site will be asked to leave.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow or cough into a tissue or disposable product that is immediately thrown away.
- Wash hands often (for at least 20 seconds and before eating.)
- Use hand sanitizers often and refrain from touching your face.
- Avoid personal contact such as handshakes
- Please take measures to continually disinfect steering wheels, door handles, vehicle controls, etc.
- Limit travel, when possible, and practice social distancing.
- If you have a sick family member, please notify your supervisor so Guns N Hoses can do a risk assessment.
For a more comprehensive list of precautions and up to date information, please reference any of the following: